Parvez Mir made one appearance for Glamorgan, against the Indian tourists at Swansea in 1979. The Pakistani had previously played for Derbyshire in 1975, and he owed his selection in the Glamorgan side to a highly successful trial with the county`s 2nd XI during which he scored a double hundred.
Mir subsequently played in League cricket, as well as in Minor County cricket for Norfolk, who he represented from 1981 until 1987. The all-rounder also represented the M.C.C. in various matches.
He subsequently moved to the U.S.A. and as Director of the North American Cricket Authority, he arranged exhibition matches involving teams from England and the West Indies.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE