Parvez Mir made one appearance for Glamorgan, against the Indian tourists at Swansea in 1979. The Pakistani had previously played for Derbyshire in 1975, and he owed his selection in the Glamorgan side to a highly successful trial with the county`s 2nd XI during which he scored a double hundred.
Mir subsequently played in League cricket, as well as in Minor County cricket for Norfolk, who he represented from 1981 until 1987. The all-rounder also represented the M.C.C. in various matches.
He subsequently moved to the U.S.A. and as Director of the North American Cricket Authority, he arranged exhibition matches involving teams from England and the West Indies.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE