MILLS, Henry Maynard.
Born at Paddington, London, 18th August 1847.
Died at Buenos Aires, Argentina, 13th April 1915.
Educated at St Pauls School, he played in his debut first-class match for the Gentlemen of England in 1879. He played in four first-class matches altogether, including one for Middlesex in 1881. He emigrated to Argentina where he played a few times for the North versus the South.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was lodging at 23 St Marys Terrace, Paddington, London, run by Mary Ann Brigland, a 42 year old widow, with the assistance of one domestic servant. The five lodgers are Arthur Palmer a barrister aged 68, Miss Martha Loveday aged 52 and her son Arthur aged 18, an actor. H.M.Mills is aged 33 a barrister and his brother Thomas Gale Mills is aged 32 a solicitor.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE