Born at Hucknall-under-Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire, 6th January 1850.
Died at Huyton, Lancashire, 28th August 1887.
He was a professional cricketer who after a successful appearance for Colts elevens in 1880 was played in a first-class match for Nottinghamshire in 1880 and another in 1881. He was engaged at Huyton Crocket Club from 1873 until his death there in 1887. He was buried at Huyton and his body was carried to his grave by six fellow professionals who played for Merseyside clubs.
The 1881 Census shows him living at Swan Street, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, aged 31, a general labourer, born at Sutton-in-Ashfield, with his wife Sarah, aged 30, a seamer, and their two daughters Harriett aged 5 and Eliza aged 2 and their son John aged four months.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE