LESLIE, Charles Frederick Henry.
Born at Westminster, London, 8th December 1861.
Died at Mayfair, Westminster, London, 12th February 1921.
He was educated at Rugby, where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1877-80, being captain 1878-80. He went up to Oriel College, Oxford, playing cricket for the University 1881-83, rugby 1880-81 and racquets 1881-84. He played in 48 first-class matches, including 20 for Middlesex and four Test Matches in Australia during the tour there in 1882/3. He also played for Shropshire, 1879-82, and was hon secretary of the Butterflies Cricket Club. He became managing director of William France, Fenwick &. Co. Ltd., Fenchurch Street, London, coal merchants and ship owners.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at Bryn Tannatt, Llansaintffraid, Montgomery, Wales, aged 19, an undergraduate of Oxford. A visitor was Arnold Moon, aged 20, also an undergraduate of Oxford and there were two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE