Born at Rochdale, Lancashire, 17th April 1846.
Died at Marylebone, London, 30th July 1911.
He was the son of James Law, of Eltofts, near Leeds, Yorkshire. He was educated at St. Peterís College, Radley, where he was a member of the cricket and football elevens 1862-64 and of the college eight 1863. His first-class debut was for the Gentlemen of England in 1871 and he played a total of eleven first-class matches between then and 1881, including three matches for Middlesex in 1881. He also played for Essex (1871) and Norfolk (1877). His brother the Rev William was educated at Harrow and Oxford and played four matches for Yorkshire.
In the 1881 Census no trace of him could be found.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE