DISNEY, James Joseph.
Born at Butterley, Derbyshire, 20th November 1859.
Died at Ripley, Derbyshire, 24th June 1934.
He appeared at Lordís for the first time in 1881 playing for twenty-three Colts of England against the MCC and in that year made his first of 53 first-class appearances for Derbyshire, 1881-87. In 1893 until 1901 he was professional with the Stockport Club and in 1893 and 1894 he played for Cheshire, playing his last first-class game for Liverpool & District in 1894.
The 1881 Census finds him living in the house of John Clarke, aged 49, an engineer of ironworks, at Butterley, Ripley, Derbyshire. Also present is johnís son, Victor S., also an engineer of ironworks, aged 16. James Disney, aged 21, is a plumber, and his wife Elizabeth is a domestic servant/housekeeper.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE