DISNEY, James Joseph.
Born at Butterley, Derbyshire, 20th November 1859.
Died at Ripley, Derbyshire, 24th June 1934.
He appeared at Lordís for the first time in 1881 playing for twenty-three Colts of England against the MCC and in that year made his first of 53 first-class appearances for Derbyshire, 1881-87. In 1893 until 1901 he was professional with the Stockport Club and in 1893 and 1894 he played for Cheshire, playing his last first-class game for Liverpool & District in 1894.
The 1881 Census finds him living in the house of John Clarke, aged 49, an engineer of ironworks, at Butterley, Ripley, Derbyshire. Also present is johnís son, Victor S., also an engineer of ironworks, aged 16. James Disney, aged 21, is a plumber, and his wife Elizabeth is a domestic servant/housekeeper.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE