COTTRELL, Clement Edward.
Born at Westminster, London, 28th May 1854.
Died at Brighton, Sussex, 21st January 1897.
He was the son of George Edward Cottrell of Harrow, barrister and Old Harrovian. He was educated at Harrow, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1872. He was a noted club cricketer in the London area, appearing mostly for Esher. He played in fourteen matches for Middlesex 1876-85 and in 26 first-class matches in all. He toured North America with Sanders team in 1886. He was a member of the London Stock Exchange.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was staying with C.F.C.Clarke (Surrey 1873-82) at the Old House, High Street, Esher, Surrey, and his name is mis-transcribed COTTERLL. This was a large establishment with in addition to the Clarke family eight domestic servants. Cottrell and Clarke both worked in the City at the Stock Exchange and were fellow members of I Zingari, the wandering cricket club.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE