COTTRELL, Clement Edward.
Born at Westminster, London, 28th May 1854.
Died at Brighton, Sussex, 21st January 1897.
He was the son of George Edward Cottrell of Harrow, barrister and Old Harrovian. He was educated at Harrow, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1872. He was a noted club cricketer in the London area, appearing mostly for Esher. He played in fourteen matches for Middlesex 1876-85 and in 26 first-class matches in all. He toured North America with Sanders team in 1886. He was a member of the London Stock Exchange.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was staying with C.F.C.Clarke (Surrey 1873-82) at the Old House, High Street, Esher, Surrey, and his name is mis-transcribed COTTERLL. This was a large establishment with in addition to the Clarke family eight domestic servants. Cottrell and Clarke both worked in the City at the Stock Exchange and were fellow members of I Zingari, the wandering cricket club.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE