Born at Bingham, Nottinghamshire, 14th June 1848.
Died at Netherfield, Nottinghamshire, 2nd July 1919.
His first recorded professional engagement was for Oldham, in Lancashire, from 1868 to 1876. His four first-class matches with Nottinghamshire were all in 1881 during the players strike. His other professional engagements are difficult to trace as there are a few ‘T.Browns’ around at that time.
In the 1881 Census he is resident at The Banks, Bingham, Nottingham, aged 32 and described as an agricultural machine attendant. His wife is Annie aged 31. His two eldest children Thomas, aged 8 and Mary aged 4, are born at Oldham, but his younger son, Jesse aged 2, is born in Bingham.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE