Born at Bingham, Nottinghamshire, 14th June 1848.
Died at Netherfield, Nottinghamshire, 2nd July 1919.
His first recorded professional engagement was for Oldham, in Lancashire, from 1868 to 1876. His four first-class matches with Nottinghamshire were all in 1881 during the players strike. His other professional engagements are difficult to trace as there are a few ‘T.Browns’ around at that time.
In the 1881 Census he is resident at The Banks, Bingham, Nottingham, aged 32 and described as an agricultural machine attendant. His wife is Annie aged 31. His two eldest children Thomas, aged 8 and Mary aged 4, are born at Oldham, but his younger son, Jesse aged 2, is born in Bingham.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE