Born at Bingham, Nottinghamshire, 14th June 1848.
Died at Netherfield, Nottinghamshire, 2nd July 1919.
His first recorded professional engagement was for Oldham, in Lancashire, from 1868 to 1876. His four first-class matches with Nottinghamshire were all in 1881 during the players strike. His other professional engagements are difficult to trace as there are a few ‘T.Browns’ around at that time.
In the 1881 Census he is resident at The Banks, Bingham, Nottingham, aged 32 and described as an agricultural machine attendant. His wife is Annie aged 31. His two eldest children Thomas, aged 8 and Mary aged 4, are born at Oldham, but his younger son, Jesse aged 2, is born in Bingham.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE