BARRINGTON, George Bainbridge.
Born at Pimlico, London, 20th April 1857.
Died at Kirk Langley, Derbyshire, 29th March 1942.
The son of G.Barrington of London, he was registered at birth as G.BAINBRIDGE. Educated privately and at Repton, where he attended January 1871 until July 1873. Although he did not play for his school he played for the Derbyshire Friars Cricket Club with great success. However when he played in 25 matches for Derbyshire between 1880 and 1887 he was not a great success.
The 1881 Census finds him visiting the house of Mrs Mary A.E.Barton, a 64 year old widow and her sister Mrs.Sarah A.E.Davis, aged 62, and also a widow, in Derby Road, Kirk Langley, Derby. Also at the house is Georgina S.T.Barton, a daughter, aged 28. He is unmarried, aged 23, and a “gentleman” by occupation. There are two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE