BARRINGTON, George Bainbridge.
Born at Pimlico, London, 20th April 1857.
Died at Kirk Langley, Derbyshire, 29th March 1942.
The son of G.Barrington of London, he was registered at birth as G.BAINBRIDGE. Educated privately and at Repton, where he attended January 1871 until July 1873. Although he did not play for his school he played for the Derbyshire Friars Cricket Club with great success. However when he played in 25 matches for Derbyshire between 1880 and 1887 he was not a great success.
The 1881 Census finds him visiting the house of Mrs Mary A.E.Barton, a 64 year old widow and her sister Mrs.Sarah A.E.Davis, aged 62, and also a widow, in Derby Road, Kirk Langley, Derby. Also at the house is Georgina S.T.Barton, a daughter, aged 28. He is unmarried, aged 23, and a “gentleman” by occupation. There are two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE