ARBUTHNOT, Reginald James Hugh.
Born at Brighton, Sussex, 2nd June 1853.
Died at Brighton, Sussex, 19th September 1919.
He was the son of W.U.Arbuthnot, of Bridgen-place, Bexley, Kent, an Indian merchant. He was educated at Rugby, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1871. He played the one match for Kent in 1881 and a second match in 1890, after he had returned from an extended stay in India. In 1886 the Rugby register describes him as being in business in Madras.
In the 1881 Census he is shown as staying at the Albion Hotel, 24-25 Marine Parade, Eastbourne, with his widowed mother Eliza J., aged 65, and unmarried sister, Helen aged 30, and unmarried brother Frederick G. aged 35. These three are described as British subjects, born in India. Reginald, aged 27, is also unmarried and a coffee broker, born in Brighton.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE