ARBUTHNOT, Reginald James Hugh.
Born at Brighton, Sussex, 2nd June 1853.
Died at Brighton, Sussex, 19th September 1919.
He was the son of W.U.Arbuthnot, of Bridgen-place, Bexley, Kent, an Indian merchant. He was educated at Rugby, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1871. He played the one match for Kent in 1881 and a second match in 1890, after he had returned from an extended stay in India. In 1886 the Rugby register describes him as being in business in Madras.
In the 1881 Census he is shown as staying at the Albion Hotel, 24-25 Marine Parade, Eastbourne, with his widowed mother Eliza J., aged 65, and unmarried sister, Helen aged 30, and unmarried brother Frederick G. aged 35. These three are described as British subjects, born in India. Reginald, aged 27, is also unmarried and a coffee broker, born in Brighton.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE