ARBUTHNOT, Reginald James Hugh.
Born at Brighton, Sussex, 2nd June 1853.
Died at Brighton, Sussex, 19th September 1919.
He was the son of W.U.Arbuthnot, of Bridgen-place, Bexley, Kent, an Indian merchant. He was educated at Rugby, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1871. He played the one match for Kent in 1881 and a second match in 1890, after he had returned from an extended stay in India. In 1886 the Rugby register describes him as being in business in Madras.
In the 1881 Census he is shown as staying at the Albion Hotel, 24-25 Marine Parade, Eastbourne, with his widowed mother Eliza J., aged 65, and unmarried sister, Helen aged 30, and unmarried brother Frederick G. aged 35. These three are described as British subjects, born in India. Reginald, aged 27, is also unmarried and a coffee broker, born in Brighton.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE